Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4

These first 4 days have been much better and easier than I thought they would be.  I have been able to complete the squat/push-up challenge.  In fact, as the number of squats have increased, I've found them easier to do.'Push-ups are always a struggle because I lack the arm strength required, but I should be getting better at them too as the challenge goes on.  I try to do the first set prior to walking on the treadmill and then I do the 2nd set when I'm done.  This pattern is working for me.  I've also been tracking my food intake using MyFitnessPal.  So far, so good. I've been under the caloric goal each day.  Amazing!

I noticed today as I was walking that my leg wasn't bothering me as much as it has in the past.  Maybe this walking, along with the squats are helping my back as well as the pain in my leg. In fact, as I write this, almost 6 hours later, I don't fell the stiffness or weakness in my leg either.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that the exercise is not only burning calories, but may also be helping with the sciatica issues. I am sick and tired of leg pain.



No comments: