Thursday, December 4, 2008

MIA

Have I been missing in action or what? It's been a while since I last updated this baby. So, what's been happening?



  • Call Me Grace ... Yeah, my new name. Seems I had a little up close and personal visit with the curb outside the administration building. The one day I get to work early and BAM! I decide to run a quick errand and on the way back to my office I trip on the curb and fall on my face. As I was quickly (or not so quickly in my case) tried to pick myself up off the ground, my shoes flying, the mail I was carrying strewn all over the ground, I realize it wasn't my face I landed on, but my knee - OUCH! It's now been a couple of weeks, a couple of visits to the dr. and a couple of visits with physical therapy and I'm almost back to normal. The knee is still sore, but hey, at least I can walk without a limp.

  • The kids came home! ... As you know, I'm not wild about this "empty nest" thing. So, I'm sure you can imagine my joy at having the kids home over the Thanksgiving weekend. Micah came home on Tuesday, Michael on Wednesday. I was in heaven for 5 whole days. We spent Thanksgiving Day at Mom's with G'pa John and Nora and Toad all joining us. Micah and I ventured to Jordan Creek Mall for some Black Friday shopping (leaving home a little after midnight and getting back home around 4:00 AM). Didn't buy much, it was more for the experience. Michael spent a lot of time relaxing and playing Xbox. I learned more about Xbox and his little potty mouth on that thing than I care to know! Leo and I both enjoyed having the kids back under our roof for a few days. Needless to say, Sunday was kind of a rough day around here when they left. The good news is that they will be home a week from today. They both finish up their 1st semester finals on Thursday of next week and will be headed home right after. YEAH!!!

  • A new tree ... Auntie called last week asking if I wanted a new Christmas tree. The one we've been using the last few years came from her as well and it's a gorgeous tree, looks absolutely beautiful all decorated up. But, since she offered up a new one, I took her up on the offer. The best thing is the new tree is a pre-lit one! OMG. Talk about a time saver. In less than a half hour that baby was up and shining bright. Heck, if I were still using the other tree, I'd probably still be putting the lights on it. Whoever came up with the pre-lit concept was a genius.

See, isn't it pretty. Now, if only I was motivated enough to get the rest of the Christmas decorations put up.


1 comment:

Susan said...

it is a stretch to say you are getting back to normal.......especially when you weren't there to begin with! lol!!