Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Front Row Seat

Welcome to my blog. I appreciate your stopping by check it out. I don't really know what I'm doing here, but what the heck. Time's a wasting so lets get started:

Let's start with a few things about me - it's my blog, I can talk about me if I want to (it doesn't sound so selfish if you say it really snappy-like to the tune of "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To"!)

Can I really get used to being an empty nester?

The kids left for college in August. They handled it really well and have made the adjustment to college life quite nicely. Me, not so much. I just can't quite seem to get the hang of this empty-nester thing. It's so quiet around here. I have a lot more free time, so this is what I'm doing now.

My latest obsession:

I'm a night person. Really, I am. When my kids were babies, I learned to stay up late, or maybe it's a result of all the caffeine I consumed but anyway.... I think William J. Bell and the programmers over at Soapnet must know this too because not only do they re-show the daily episode of The Young and The Restless (forever now know as Y&R) at 6:00 PM, but for us night owls they re-play it at 11:00 PM too! How cool is that? So, for all you Y&R lovers out there, is Kay really dead? Ashley and Victor - really, again? Nick, Sharon, Phyllis, Jack - how will that one all play out?

A new gig:

Some of you may know I'm a scrapbooker. Alright, I admit, anyone that knows me knows that I'm a scrapbooker. It's who I am, it's what I do. Hey, I had to do something with the hundreds and hundreds of pictures I took while sitting in the bleachers cheering the kids on didn't I? Thanks to my dear friend Michelle, who introduced me to the craft, paper and embellishments can be found in every nook and cranny.

A few weeks ago I ran across a call for new DT members for Scrappin' Sports and More. I scrap, I scrap sports, I even scrap more..... I submitted. My first submission in 4 years! Guess what (I'm sure you guessed, why else would I be mentioning it) Yes, I was invited to join the team! I'm so excited to be a part of this team. They have a wide selection of papers and embellishments, perfect for a scrapper like me. So, if you become a faithful reader of my blog, you are sure to see lots and lots of layouts using the SS&M product lines all highlighting my kids - my favorite scrappin' subjects.

I've rambled on long enough for a first time poster. Thanks for joining me!

And Micah, you won the bet ... I didn't have the courage to name my blog "Queen of the Bleacher Butts" For some reason, Sammy Kershaw's double wide trailer song kept popping in my head.... But hey, thanks for your input.

2 comments:

Micah Nardini said...

i believe it was 'memoirs of a bleacher butt'. let's keep it classy here, mom. :D

kshand said...

WooHoo..glad you submitted to SS&M call Peggy. Your blog is looking good :)